Expertise, training and histology assistance
The Histology Core Facility offers training, expertise, and assistance for a wide range of histology techniques and sample processing, including:
- an extensive method library and in-person histology expertise;
- assistance, in-depth training, and equipment for most standard histological techniques;
- reagents for processing tissues and a variety of staining protocols on a cost-recovery basis;
- supplies for sectioning paraffin and frozen tissues;
- in-house staining station for H&E, PAS and other standard stains; and
- staining station for immunohistochemistry (IHC).
Histology equipment for Health Sciences research
The facility can assist with equipment, training, and expert assistance for histology needs in:
- tissue fixation and preparation (chemical and cryo);
- tissue processing and embedding;
- tissue sectioning (FFPE and cryo);
- slide staining (H&E, PAS, IHC, etc.); and
- digital microscopy.