LIBRARY (RUH 2688)
The ES&D Library is to serve as an important information resource to medical educators in the University of Saskatchewan’s College of Medicine. The ES&D Library collection exists to develop the skills of medical educators in the areas of: teaching and learning, evaluation and assessment, leadership and educational research. It Contains approximately 500 books and journals relating to medical education.
Clicking on the link will take you to the ES&D Library Catalogue which is displayed in RefShare - the sharing module of RefWorks. The ES&D Library invites you to browse its collection.
Patrons are welcome to visit the Central Library location (Room 2688 RUH) and to contact library management during regular ES&D office hours - Koreen Skjonsby 966-6769 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All personal information will remain confidential and in possession of Library staff only for purposes of tracking who is using the collection. What is being consulted will only be tracked for statistical purposes.
Patrons are responsible for items borrowed on their account. If materials are lost or damaged, the borrowing patron is expected to contribute to the replacement/repair of the affected materials.
Interprofessional PBL DVD - Student Edition
Continuing Medical Education
- MCQ Item Flaw Exercise
- MCQ National Board of Medical Examiners
- Gravitational Effects on the Cardiovascular System
- International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning is an open, peer-reviewed, international electronic journal. It is an an international vehicle for articles, essays, and discussions about the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) and its applications in higher/tertiary education today.
- Medical Teacher is the journal of AMEE (The Association for Medical Education in Europe), an international association for all involved with medical and healthcare professions education. Medical Teacher addresses the needs of teachers and administrators throughout the world involved in training for the health professions.
- Teaching and Learning in Medicine is an international forum for scholarly, state-of-the-art research on the purposes and processes of teaching and learning in the education of medical professionals. Its international scope acknowledges the common challenge faced by all medical teachers—fostering the acquisition and maintenance of usable knowledge and skills in a broad, highly complex, and constantly changing clinical science—and that a common base of theory and research will contribute to meeting that challenge.
- Academic Medicine is the Journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges. It includes articles free to non-subscribers on medical school admissions decisions, the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), and new models of patient care. As well as containing articles relating to teaching, this journal also deals with the broader issues of the organization of medical education as it relates to the United States. It also published the Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Research in Medical Education which is the world's premier medical education research meeting.
- Medical Education Online (MEO) is a forum for disseminating information on educating physicians and other health professionals. In addition MEO publishes letters to the editor as well as provides a repository for resources such as curricula, data sets, syllabi, software, and instructional material developers wish to make available to the health education community.
- Medical Education, published on behalf of the Association for the Study of Medical Education (ASME), is the senior international scientific journal for undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing medical education. As such, all issues of current interest, including teaching methods, curriculum reform, the training of medical teachers, the selection of entrants and assessment techniques, are covered. The Association also produces an excellent series of booklets dealing with various aspects of medical education and has a series on medical education research. These are also published in the Journal.
- BMC Medical Journal, published by BioMed Central, is an open access journal publishing original peer-reviewed research articles in relation to the training of healthcare professionals, including undergraduate, postgraduate, and continuing education. The journal has a special focus on curriculum development, evaluations of performance, assessment of training needs and evidence-based medicine.
- Advances in Health Sciences Education serves as an international forum for scholarly and state-of-the-art research and development into all aspects of health sciences education. It publishes empirical studies and also stimulates theoretical discussions and addresses practical implications. Articles include topics such as problem-based learning, tutorial guidance, self-directed learning, staff development, achievement testing, forms of motivation and how to promote them, learning styles, curriculum development, curricular comparisons, program evaluation, expertise development, continuing education, community-based education, and communication skills. It is aimed at all those committed to the improvement of health professions education; educational researchers and educators in the fields of medicine, nursing, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, nutrition and related disciplines.
Medical Education Blog
The Medical Education Blog is a weekly diary of articles, videos and comments that might be of interest to medical educators. Previous posting can be searched by category or date. Faculty who have read and thoughtfully commented on 5 or more articles a year can apply to ES&D for a certificate.