Council of Health Science Deans
A strong collective voice for health sciences
Together, the health sciences will be leaders in advancing health, locally and globally, through excellence in interprofessional education and practice, interdisciplinary life and health sciences discovery, and committed engagement with stakeholders.
The Council of Health Sciences Deans will enhance the capacity for high quality health care by enabling the education of a new generation of healthcare practitioners with skills in interprofessional healthcare and health promotion, promoting excellence in interdisciplinary health research, and sharing in outreach and community engagement.
The Council of Health Science Deans provides administrative leadership for health sciences educational programming and research. Members of the council include:
- Brett Fairbairn, Executive Sponsor, Provost and Vice-President Academic
- David Hill, Chair of the CHSD & Dean, College of Pharmacy and Nutrition
- Carol Rodgers, Dean, College of Kinesiology
- Douglas Freeman, Dean, Western College of Veterinary Medicine
- Colum Smith, Acting Dean, College of Medicine
- Lois Berry, Acting Dean, College of Nursing
- Ken Sutherland, Acting Dean, College of Dentistry
- Robert Buckingham, School of Public Health
Health Sciences Colleges
The identity of the health sciences colleges will continue to be preserved through links to their respective professional bodies and professions. The distinct accreditation standards for each health sciences discipline will ensure all programs are of the highest quality.
- maintain administrative independence of their curricula and academic matters,
- control of a significant portion of resources to deliver individual programs,
- provide continuing education beyond the degree, and
- determine their graduate programming and research focus.
The University of Saskatchewan offers students one of the broadest arrays of health science programs in Canada. This provides a strong foundation for undergraduate and graduate courses.